Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Did some work last night

I got my Kevlar supplies finally so I was able to get some more work done. I glued in the Kevlar line and 1/2 an Estes shock cord to Vanishing. A somewhat difficult feet given that its a minimum dia. rocket and the engine block is already in place. Hopefully it will hold.

I also tied the lines around the engine pods for The Outsider and hope to have it ready to launch this Saturday, we'll see how that goes.

I started work on an Estes Big Daddy to launch this weekend. I'm only doing minor changes to the kit; Kevlar shock cord with 1/2 estes cord, ejection baffle (first try at this), papered fins, foaming the fin can/motor mount. It will most likely fly unpainted.

Oh, I also got a box and the parts together for my 12v cluster ignitor and made a 6 lead clip-whip to light off forthcoming clusters.

More to come after I get another build night on Wednesday.

No comments: